She was born normal but struck with deafness and blindness at an early age.
However, she struggled to learn to read, write and speak. She defied all odds, making the world remember her forever.
She became a well known and influential author, speaker, and activist.
We can all do to learn a lot from this superwoman. Below are valuable life lessons she taught us, and also a selection of the best Helen Keller quotes:
27 Helen Keller Quotes Will Be Your Inspirational Life Lessons
A. The Importance Of Learning With Life Lessons
1. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” - Helen Keller
Many times, we may feel that we know a lot. However, the wisest way to learn and live a good life is to be humble in one’s knowledge, and know that we can never replace experience.
Only experiencing true problems would let us understand the people going through them.
This lesson also teaches us the value of getting firsthand experience whenever we can.
Hence, we should take this lesson to heart and not be afraid to try something new.
If we succeed, we would have a new skill. If we fail, we would have learned a valuable lesson.
More of Helen Keller Inspiring Words:
2. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” ― Helen Keller
3. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” ― Helen Keller
4. “I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.” ― Helen Keller
5. “Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.”― Helen Keller
6. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” ― Helen Keller
B. Pursue Your Dreams
Helen Keller was never afraid to pursue what she really wanted.
Everything was much, much more difficult for her than it is for the rest of us.
Even so, her unrelenting hope and optimism made her say:
7. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller
She would always tell people to pursue their dreams and make them come to life. Being realistic does not mean you lose hope altogether.
On a practical level, none of the truly inspirational figures were ever bound by the limits society sought to set upon them.
Albert Einstein, Bill Gates, Stephen Hawking; all of these overcame great obstacles which would have deterred many a weaker personality.
Other Helen Keller Famous Quotes:
8. “Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all: the apathy of human beings.” ― Helen Keller
9. “So long as you can sweeten another's pain, life is not in vain.” ― Helen Keller
10. “What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, For all that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” ― Helen Keller
11. “When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.” ― Helen Keller
12. “One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.” ― Helen Keller
13. “We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world” ― Helen Keller
C. Look Within Yourself, Not Outside
Whenever one is stuck in a certain project, or caught in a career rut, they should not look reasons to blame others.
Besides, our happiness should not depend on others.
Rather, Helen Keller taught us that:
14. “What I am looking for it not out there, it is within me”. - Helen Keller
She looked into herself for her motivation, doing her best not to rely on others, for that was her ultimate goal.
We should strive to adopt the same way of thinking.
Of course, there are several hurdles in place which can slow down our progress, but nothing can stop us fulfilling our dreams but ourselves.
Moving forward and striving to pull oneself up is the secret to the success of several entrepreneurs, athletes, and celebrities.
More of Helen Keller Best Quotes:
15. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much” ― Helen Keller
16. “Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything good in the world.” ― Helen Keller
17. “The highest result of education is tolerance” ― Helen Keller
18. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement ” ― Helen Keller
19. “We can do anything we want as long as we stick to it long enough.” ― Helen Keller
20. “The most pathetic person in the world is some one who has sight but no vision.” ― Helen Keller
D. Accept Your Flaws, But Look Beyond Them
21. “Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.” - Helen Keller
This is another Helen Keller quote to live by. Maybe we have financial worries, difficult coworkers, or are demotivated due to something else.
However, many of these problems are nothing compared to Helen Keller’s lot.
Moreover, this woman has taught to not overlook our limits but to accept them.
However, this should not mean that we use our circumstances as an excuse.
There are several people who were born poor, disabled, or were deprived of education. Yet they are still among the most successful individuals today.
If we try to adopt the same attitude as Helen Keller, nothing is really impossible, even when it seems to be.
Final Helen Keller Encouraging Quotes:
22. “Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content” ― Helen Keller
23. “People don’t like to think, if one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.” ― Helen Keller
24. “Happiness does not come from without, it comes from within” ― Helen Keller
25. “Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.” ― Helen Keller
26. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” ― Helen Keller
27. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart” ― Helen Keller
E. Wrapping Up
There are several more lessons we could take from Helen Keller’s life and words of wisdom.
The more one reads about her, the more one is inspired by her headstrong will and overwhelming positivity.
Such people were surely placed on earth to teach us what we are all too apt to forget; that a human may overcome all odds.
We should consistently remind ourselves of the legacy Helen Keller and similar inspirations have left for us.
We encourage you to share these Helen Keller Quotes and Inspirational Life Lessons with your friends and family so you add awesome value to their day!