Our journey through life isn't easy, we know! Sometimes you have those moments where your dreams seem to be lost and things aren't going quite like you planned. We all have experienced some kind of setback.
But like they say: a setback is the perfect scenario for a comeback!
What life is really giving you are lessons to be learned, challenges that will make you stronger.
Believe or not: Tough times can build you up like you never imagined.
But things aren't so easy, you might come to a time where you think and say: "I need strength!" or "I need encouragement!". We totally understand you and got you covered.
All you need is some sort of inspiration to spark your inner strength and encourage you to keep going.
Wise quotations can be a powerful tool to increase your mental strength and perseverance
when things get hard.
With that being said, here's our selection of the best words of encouragement and strength we could find to inspire you:
38 Words Of Encouragement And Strength For Tough Times
1. “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
2. “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” – Sarah Dessen
3. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” - Robert H. Schuller
4. “Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is.” – Anne Frank
5. "The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places." - Ernest Hemingway
6. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” - Arnold Schwarzenegger
7. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
8. "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt
9. “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra
10. “Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.” - William Ellery Channing
11. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” - Ernest Hemingway
12. "Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strength." - Corrie ten Boom
13. “In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” - Drew Barrymore
14. “It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it." – Vince Lombardi
15. “Nothing is more beautiful than the smile that has struggled through the tears.” - Demi Lovato
16. “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King
17. “There are two ways of exerting one’s strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.”- Booker T. Washington
18. “The brave may not live forever, but the cautious don't live at all.” – Ashley L
19. “Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” – Ralph Emerson
20. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” – Kenji Miyazawa
21. “Stay strong. Stand up. Have a voice.” - Shawn Johnson
22. “A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.” - Vernon Howard
23. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.” – Duke Ellington
24. “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean
25. “The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than in growing with them. “ – Bernard Baruch
26. "The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get kind that comes from within: strength, courage and dignity." - Ruby Dee
27. “There are better starters than me but I’m a strong finisher.” - Usain Bolt
28. “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” – Robert Schuller
29. “You were given this life, because you are strong enough to live it.” – Robin Sharma
30. “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly. “ - Richard Bach
31. "A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart." - Hercules
32. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” – Nelson Mandela
33. “He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions.” - Louisa May Alcott
34. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus
35. “Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.“ – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
36. “If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
37. "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." - Bob Marley
38. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” - Napoleon Hill
Encourage your family and friends to keep on going through life's challenges by sharing this words of encouragement and strength with them.