Life has strange ways, things you liked and loved in the past don't make much sense in the present. But they were definitely awesome stuff back then.
Granted, it's not always easy to come up to this conclusion, mainly because as human beings we have the tendency to get attached to old habits, old ways and people that we love.
But those things can be hurting us or not loving us back no more. when those feelings come, probably it's time to let go and move on.
Maybe, your relationship has ended or doesn't make sense anymore;
Maybe you got fired or your job isn't bringing you pleasure like it used to;
Maybe you're over weight or simply tired of the way you look;
Maybe something from the past keeps tormenting you and you just can't forget it.
All those things could be signs that you have to let go and move on to better things.
Life will not wait for you. The old things have to go, to make room for new things to fit in and come into your life.
To keep you inspired on this your journey of transforming yourself and your habits for the better, we've selected the best quotes about moving on. Enjoy!
55 Quotes About Moving On To Change Your Life For The Better
1. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” - Joseph Campbell
2. "If you want to fly on the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down." - Amit Ray
3. "If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were." - Khalil Gibran
4. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.” - Tao Te Ching
5. "It's time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I'd much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure." - Ernie Harwelll
6. "Transformation in the world happens when people are healed and start investing in other people." - Michael W. Smith
7. "You can only lose what you cling to." - Buddha
8. "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." - Seneca
9. “Sooner or later we've all got to let go of our past.” - Dan Brown
10. “Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.” - Dalai Lama
11. "To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on." - Dave Pelzer
12. “We are all failures- at least the best of us are.” - J.M. Barrie
13. "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” - Lyndon B. Johnson
14. "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost
15. “Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward” - Erika Taylor
16. "You can’t move forward if you’re still hanging on." - Sue Fitzmaurice
17. “Life moves on and so should we” - Spencer Johnson
18. "Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken." - Albert Camus
19. "Sometimes you have to move on without certain people. If they're meant to be in your life, they'll catch up." - Mandy Hale
20. “When life seems hopeless, rearrange things for a dose of dopeness.” - Kid Cudi
21. "I must be careful not to get trapped in the past. That's why I tend to forget my songs." - Mick Jagger
22. “Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open.” - Ralph Marston
23. "I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things not meant for me.º - A.G.
24. “Life moves forward. The old leaves wither, die and fall away, and the new growth extends forward into the light.” - Bryant McGill
25. "Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer." - Denis Waitley
26. "The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are." - Unknown
27. “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” - Deepak Chopra
28. "Forget the past - the future will give you plenty to worry about." - George Allen, Sr.
29. "I think that you never fall out of love with somebody, you just let go and move on." - Ashley Rickards
30. "I know people who grow old and bitter. I want to keep making a fresh start. I don't want them to defeat me. That would be suicidal." - Robert Wyatt
31. “You’ve gotta know when it’s time to turn the page.” - Tori Amos
32. "If you carry joy in your heart, you can heal any moment." - Carlos Santana
33. “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.” - Shannon L. Alder
34. “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” - Victor Kiam
35. "Grief is in two parts. The first is loss. The second is the remaking of life." - Anne Roiphe
36. “I demolish my bridges behind me...then there is no choice but to move forward.” - Fridtjof Nansen
37. "By forgetting the past and by throwing myself into other interests, I forget to worry." - Jack Dempsey
38. “It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on." - Steve Maraboli
39. "Man maintains his balance, poise, and sense of security only as he is moving forward." - Maxwell Maltz
40. "I’m guilty of giving people more chances than they deserve but when I’m done, I’m done." -Turcois Ominek
41. “Change has to come for life to struggle forward.” - Helen Hollick
42. "The goal of spiritual practice is full recovery, and the only thing you need to recover from is a fractured sense of self." - Marianne Williamson
43. "You can meet someone who’s just right, but he might not be meant for you. You break up, you lose things, you never feel the same again. But maybe you should stop questioning why. Maybe you should just accept it and move on." - Winna Efendi
45. “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” - Raymond Lindquist
46. "It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure." - Joseph Campbell
47. "The person who doesn’t value you is blocking you from the one who will. Let them go." - Robert Tew
48. “When the world is at your back, and your heart is at your feet…the best way to go on is to just “be”.” - Jennifer Varnadore
49. "I can enjoy anywhere, and I can leave it. Life is about moving on." - Waris Dirie
50. "No matter how bad you want a person, if your hearts are in two different places, you’ll have to pass and move on." - Alexandra Elle
51. "You can’t move forward if you’re still hanging on." - Sue Fitzmaurice
52. “You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – whatever “the old” means for you.” - Sarah Ban Breathnach
53. "I can enjoy anywhere, and I can leave it. Life is about moving on." - Waris Dirie
54. "If love becomes too painful, then it’s time to let that love go and save yourself. You have to keep this in mind because you’ll be able to find another love but not another self." - Robert Tew
55. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” - Herman Hesse
Share this quotes about moving on with your friends and family using the sharing buttons below or on the side.
Inspire those in desperately need, to make that change to a better place.