Throughout history, there have been great moments and inspiring people that build an awesome legacy, that can still inspire people to this day! Unfortunately we can't go back in time and live those moments...
What we can do is to go back and rewind the inspiring wise words from those individuals that put their stamp in the history of mankind.
There are lot of words of wisdom and famous sayings we can learn from, some can be considered the best ever written or ever spoken in history.
With that in mind we present you a selection of the 40 most powerful quotes and famous sayings in history in image format.
Today, your coach and motivator will be those famous people that marked their era. Read their takes on many matters: from love to life in general, success vs. failure, or simply words of strength and courage, they will make you feel inspired! Don't worry... our list got you covered, enjoy!
40 Most Powerful Quotes and Famous Sayings In History
1. "Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." - Napoleon Bonaparte
2. "I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank
3. "There is nothing impossible to him who will try.” - Alexander the Great
5. "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison
6. "It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." - Leonardo da Vinci
7. "It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one." - George Washington
9. "The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall." - Che Guevara
10. "A false friend and a shadow attend only while the sun shines." - Benjamin Franklin
11. "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin
12. "One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world." - Malala Yousafzai
13. "You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom." - Malcolm X
14. "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right." - Henry Ford
15. "One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." - Sigmund Freud
16. "I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
17. "I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him." - Galileo Galilei
18. "When your work speaks for itself, don’t interrupt." - Henry J. Kaiser
19. "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." - Albert Einstein
20. "No great discovery was ever made without a bold guess." - Isaac Newton
21. "The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." - Michelangelo
22. “I pay no attention whatever to anybody's praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings." - Mozart
23. "I came, I saw, I conquered." - Julius Caesar
24. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
25. "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Gandhi
26. "Men make their own history, but they do not make it as they please." - Karl Marx
27. "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more." - Nikola Tesla
28. "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela
29. "Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - John F. Kennedy
30. "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou
31. "Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom." - Aristotle
32. "Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin
33. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston S. Churchill
34. "I think; therefore I am." - René Descartes
35. "Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." - Sun Tzu
36. "You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius
37. "Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit." - Khalil Gibran
38. "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
40. "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley
We hope you liked our collection of the 40 Most Powerful Quotes and Famous Sayings In History and now you feel inspired!
Share them with your friends and family,
and if you have a favorite quote not on our list tell us in the comment section below.