Today we want to take you back, back to a time where the internet, smartphones, tablets, portable pcs and other gadgets didn't exist yet.
Back in the 80s, Television was "the gadget" and people were amazed by thrilling series that stay in our minds forever.
Despite no gadgets, there was this guy... named MacGyver who could do it all!
A TV series character. But we're not talking about a superhero, MacGyver was a regular guy, but with lots of knowledge about chemistry, physics and a whole range of sciences.
"Legend says" all he needed was a paperclip, his swiss knife, duct tape and voilá!
Anything could be accomplished!
MacGyver was played by actor Richard Dean Anderson, and he worked for an government agency called the Phoenix Foundation run by his pal Peter Thorton.
In each episode, you could see MacGyver coming up with unbelievable solutions to unsolvable situations, using scientific knowledge and the most common items of our daily lives (like a paperclip, a map, a duct tape, or even the legendary swiss knife, no guns allowed!).
MacGyver's knowledge and resourcefulness were amazingly inspiring.
Despite today's technological advance, more than ever, knowledge and resourcefulness must be stimulated and developed if you want to stand out and achieve great things!
44 MacGyver Inspirational Quotes For Knowledge And Resourcefulness
1. "I say we trust our instincts, go with our gut. You can't program that. That's our edge." - MacGyver
2. "The great thing about a map: it gets you in and out of places in a lot different ways." - MacGyver
3. "A man once said, 'When you make a friend, you take on a responsibility'." - MacGyver
4. "The best way to beat a problem is to make it work for you." - MacGyver
5. "Old Minnesota wisdom: if you don't wanna be touched, look downright untouchable." - MacGyver
6. "You can do anything you wanna do if you put your mind to it." - MacGyver
7. "Mostly I like to see how the world works. Meet people. Learn how they're different - and the same." - MacGyver
8. "There always seems to be a way to fix things." - MacGyver
9. "If you've got something to say, you should say it. Otherwise, it's just gonna tear you up inside." - MacGyver
10. "That's the way the world gets better... one person at a time." - MacGyver
11. "I've found from past experiences that the tighter you plan, the more likely you are to run into something unpredictable." - MacGyver
Robin: Then how do we do it? MacGyver: We fake it.
12. "First impressions are very important. And with this group, I knew it'd be critical. So I decided to make a grand entrance ... through their noses." - MacGyver
13. "Some people are scared of anybody who runs free." - MacGyver
14. "We've got a pretty good planet here, as planets go. The trouble is, we're lettin' it go down the drain in too many places." - MacGyver
15. "Well, when it comes down to me against a situation, I don't like the situation to win." - MacGyver
16. "Some people say that there are no more frontiers left for us to conquer. But then again, some people still go out into the wilderness in search of their dream." - MacGyver
17. "There's a fine line in nature that divides the hunter from the hunted." - MacGyver
18. "It's not so bad to be special... you just have to learn to feel good about it." - MacGyver
19. "You don't go to people with your problems. You come to your friends."- MacGyver
20. "I learned something a long time ago: never laugh at what you don't know." - MacGyver
21. “How can you feel confined when you're in touch with the universe?” - MacGyver
22. "The past is a strange country. You go back; it doesn't recognize you." - MacGyver
23. "A paperclip can be a wonderous thing. More times than I can remember, one of these has gotten me out of a tight spot." - MacGyver
24. "I guess the way you look at the world depends on where you are. From up here it looked like a pretty nice place." - MacGyver
25. "A good relationship is a lot like a car. If you want it to work smoothly, you gotta put a lot of work into it, and have the right tools." - MacGyver
26. "What is it with you people? Why are you so afraid of going after the truth?" - MacGyver
27. "Everybody makes mistakes once in a while. The trick is learning to live with it." - MacGyver
28. "Desperation tends to make one sort of...flexible." - MacGyver
29. "If you don't have the right equipment for the job, you just have to make it yourself." - MacGyver
30. "My old high school physics and chemistry classes come in real handy sometimes. Not to mention the fact that when you're in a squeeze, necessity always seems to come through as the true mother of invention." - MacGyver
31. "Discipline's only a crime when it's enforced by somebody with the sensitivity and judgment of a rock." - MacGyver
32. "I think you're like a lot of people. You can't see the trees because you're too busy cutting' down the forest." - MacGyver
33. "When I was a kid, my grandfather used to say to me that ... a fellow's life wasn't worth mentioning if he hadn't shared it with some folks along the way." - MacGyver
34. "Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities ... I'm a sucker for mornings." - MacGyver
35. "If this is really what you want for yourself, great; that's no crime. But if it isn't, if you wake up thirty years from now, and all you are is thirty years older...that is a crime." - MacGyver
36. "Any problem can be solved with a little ingenuity." - MacGyver
37. "Well, sometimes things are hidden under the surface...You just gotta know how to bring 'em out." - MacGyver
38. "Only a fool is sure of anything, a wise man keeps on guessing." - MacGyver, quoting Harry (MacGyver's wise grandfather)
39. "It's kinda interesting how you can put one thing with another and cook up the right formula for staying' out of trouble." - MacGyver
40. "'Every action has a reaction'...you've got to believe that." - MacGyver
41. "It's really nice to wake up in your own neighborhood, and not have to worry about going to work, no plans. Just being able to ease into the day." - MacGyver
42. "The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way." - MacGyver
43. "We're all gonna die. The trick is not to rush it." - MacGyver
44. "If this works, it'll keep us from getting caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from getting old," - MacGyver
We hope you've enjoyed this nostalgic journey and now you feel inspired for today!
Do you have friends and family members that loved this serie?
Share this MacGyver quotes with them using the buttons on the side and below.