His first book published in 1976, “Your Erroneous Zones”, tackled a type of psychotherapy called Rational Emotive Therapy (RET) and by practicing this kind of therapy, Wayne Dyer promised people happier and more fulfilling lives.
Since it’s still is one of the best-selling books of all times, with more than 35 million copies sold worldwide, we’ll bring him to your attention through a selection of the top Wayne Dyer inspirational quotes as an important source of inspirational tips to release your inner self-potential.
Top 24 Wayne Dyer Inspirational Quotes To Reach Your Best Self
1. “That which offends you only weakens you. Being offended creates the same destructive energy that offended you in the first place – so transcend your ego and stay in peace.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: The chains that keep you away from your potential are actually the weaknesses that hide behind the things or words that offend you. Instead of giving in to anger, you should understand what upsets you, and either embrace the truth or find a solution to your problem. Being offended will get you nowhere while taking control of your feelings and understanding your inner world will bring you peace.
2. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: Only you and nobody else creates your own problems. It is up to you if you place an event in the problem box or outside it. No matter what life sends you, there will always be a silver lining and focusing on this positive side of any situation, you will no longer have problems, but solutions.
3. “With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: You have the power to shape your past through your mind, and choose only the quality traits that describe you as a person. Our past decisions have created the present self. Now, you can choose to bring your evolution to a stop by lowering to the level of sorrow. Or, you can learn from your decisions and base your future on the solid rocks you tracked down during your mistakes.
4. “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: This Wayne Dyer quote still stands ground, especially in our new world of social media. Social media channels connect us with one another while defying space and time. But, it can also lead to negative energies that character judgments bring along.
When you criticize others on their looks or behaviors, most often people experience satisfaction, and that is nothing but a corrosive feeling. You only see in them the bad parts that disrupt your own life. Instead of consuming your energies with other’s life choices, you should only focus on improving yourself.
5. “Passion is a feeling that tells you: this is the right thing to do. Nothing can stand in my way. It doesn't matter what anyone else says. This feeling is so good that it cannot be ignored. I'm going to follow my bliss and act upon this glorious sensation of joy.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: Your best self will build a life based on passions. Your passions are the things that nourish your joy, so why would you neglect them? Never abandon your passions for safety and security, and your life will be well spent.
6. “Your reputation is in the hands of others. That's what the reputation is. You can't control that. The only thing you can control is your character.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: You can’t control the way others think, so don’t waste your energy on impossible solutions. Work on yourself and the good reviews will follow.
7. “I am realistic – I expect miracles.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: Life is a miracle in itself, so expecting something less than miracles is a good example of how not to have a good life.
8. “You have everything you need for complete peace and total happiness right now.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: You shouldn’t look for your happiness in other places than your inner self.
9. “Conflict cannot survive without your participation.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: In order for a conflict to last a long time, there should be two parties involved. If the conflict affects you in some way, you are one of the two parties. From here on, it is up to you to continue with it or put an end to it. But, remember, your best self can’t survive in a destructive territory.
10. “You don't need to be better than anyone else, you just need to be better than you used to be.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: The only way you can measure the quality of your life is by comparing your present to your past. If you lead a happier life than before, you win. No one can fully learn and understand the path of others, so comparing your life to external factors is nothing but a fictional story.
11. “We are not human beings in search of a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings immersed in a human experience.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: Our spirit is trying to comply with its human world, and not the other way around. This means that our focus is our spirit, and not our human nature.
12. “In any relationship in which two people become one, the end result is two half people.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: A relationship brings two people together, but not to the extent of an entity as people dream about. Instead of becoming one person with the other, you should aim to preserve your identity and live in a communion with your half.
13. “Heaven on Earth is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: Heaven is the main destination of the afterlife, but Heaven on Earth is where you are right now. When you find your inner peace, space will not define your Heaven, but you will find it everywhere you go.
14. “Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: Both loving and hostile people have the same tools for their life goal as they live in the same world. It is the life goal that makes the tools good or bad, and not the world.
15. “Each experience in your life was absolutely necessary in order to have gotten you to the next place, and the next place, up to this very moment.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: Everything you do defines you as a person. How you choose to fold your dress and how you choose to treat a person are equal in their quality as a defining factor of your true self.
16. “When you're at peace with yourself and love yourself, it is virtually impossible to do things to yourself that are destructive.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: This why your true life goal should be attaining inner peace: once you are there, you will have no more material to create your own problems. Thus your life will be ideal.
17. “Society demands conformity at the expense of individual liberty. Let us be for once a non-conformist to be fully alive.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: Society is marketing the old and discovered way for people to become accomplished in their lives. But these ways are not for everyone, and this is where you should depart from the social rules and create your own path to happiness.
18. “The greatest gift that you were ever given was the gift of your imagination.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: Your imagination is what makes you special and unique and creates for you the tools to shape your own world. Listen to your imagination and you will have everything you want.
19. “An infinity of forest lies dormant within the dreams on one acorn.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: You are indeed just a cell in the infinity of the Universe, but within you lays the power of creation. Use it to create your own world in a Universe that knows no boundaries.
20. “Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: Wisdom without love will make your life pointless, while love without wisdom will make your life a fantasy. Strike a balance between the two, and you will create the perfect spiritual equilibrium.
21. “Discontinue deciding what anyone else should or shouldn't be doing.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: Everyone has their own path in life, and the factors that rule your path don’t apply to others. The best you can do is not showing them the path that suited you best but encourage your loved ones to take life into their own hands.
22. “Inside of us is a place that is all-knowing, all-mighty, which is a fragment of God. Nourishing, healing elements within us. There is a spark in each one of us.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: You have a piece of God in you. Your goal is to find it and develop it as your best self. Ignore all the other instincts, which are there to guide you off your true path.
23. “The things we love we have to learn to leave alone.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: You shouldn’t seek to capture the things you love, but let them go to develop to new levels. Setting your loved ones free is the best gift you can give them. It is their choice to cherish your love or seek the mediums in which their potential thrives better.
24. “Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
Quote’s meaning: In this quote, Wayne Dyer just repeats what many cultures wish for humankind: Carpe Diem, or make the most of your moment. There are chances you won’t receive another such moment.
What’s that one Wayne Dyer inspirational quote that helped you to see the truth?
We would also love to read in the comments your own mottos that guide you to a better self.
She has a great interest in everything related to personal branding, online marketing, and entrepreneurship, and loves helping people reach their true potential.