Movie characters can inspire us when they're created with that very same purpose and inspired by some inspirational people that lived in this planet.
The Starwars trilogies have inspired millions worldwide and still to this day are a topic of discussion. One of the most acclaimed characters from the space opera saga is Jedi Master Yoda, one of the most powerful Jedi Masters ever.
Yoda's first appearance takes place in Episode V - Empire Strikes Back in an unusual kind of way for a character of his magnitude. He comes too us as a short little green creature that Luke Skywalker found in a swamp covered planet called Dagobah. This creature is annoying but at the same time funny.
Why is this important? Because it's the whole building of a climax, when you least expect Yoda "The Great Warrior" Luke is searching for is that little creature. I must confess when I saw the movie back in the day I imagined a great warrior too and couldn't believe it was that little green fellow.
From there the whole teacher student relationship progresses from Luke not believing to Luke total commitment to learn from the great master. This is the movie were most of Yoda's wisdom is on display, as Luke is being taught the ways of The Force in incredible inspirational movie scenes.
Yoda is wise, disciplined, calm, thoughtful and at the same time funny and powerful. You can see more of him in the second trilogy teaching young Jedis at the Jedi Temple and other scenes were he eventually uses his power in battle.
This Jedi Master taught Jedis for 800 years can we have a better source of inspiration for today? Trust us he knows!
With that frame of mind we bring you a selection of the best Yoda inspirational quotes for your to get inside this wonderful character wisdom and discipline:
25 Master Yoda Inspirational Quotes For Wisdom & Discipline
1, “To be a Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night.” – Yoda
Quote significance: Master Yoda advises his student about life and it's the classic good and evil battle. Life is about making choices and taking decisions, but first face the truth don't run away from it chasing some other illusion that will hurt you.
2. “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” – Yoda
Quote significance: Yoda usual appeal to something that requires method and discipline, in this quote it's detachment. Two things we must incorporate in our life and you can do that only by practicing, like Yoda says "train". Train your mind, train discipline and method, learning detachment is important so your mind can't be blind in times of crisis.
3. “You think Yoda stops teaching, just because his student does not want to hear? A teacher Yoda is. Yoda teaches like drunkards drink, like killers kill." – Yoda
Quote significance: If you want to become better at what you do, listen to this advice. If you're a writer write, a singer sing, a painter paint, no matter what happens continue to work on your craft. It's not about a profession, it's about becoming and embracing your activity to the fullest.
4. “In a dark place we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way.” – Yoda
Quote significance: What to get out of a slump? Search for information, someone out there as written about it or someone knows better. Knowledge it's never a waste of time, specially when you're in trouble.
5. “Ohhh. Great warrior.Wars not make one great.” – Yoda
Quote significance: This is when Luke is still looking for "Yoda The Great Warrior" and that little green creature (who's actually Yoda but Luke doesn't know yet) is mocking everything he says. In this case Yoda mocks but at the same time teaches and what a deep teaching... He's all about peace and knowledge, wars are not what he craves or desires, therefore they could never make him great.
6. "Strong am I with the Force, but not that strong.” - Yoda
Quote significance: No matter how strong you are there is always something stronger. In this case Yoda is facing death and there's nothing his powers can do about it.
7. “Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?" - Yoda
Quote significance: Luke is doubtful about everything he complains about the size of the ship "it's too big..." for him to lift it, so like a good teacher Yoda wastes no time and teaches Luke a lesson: impressively Yoda lifts Luke's spaceship out of the swamp with help of the Force and dazzles his student, proving that it's possible!
8. “Truly wonderful the mind of a child is.” – Yoda
Quote significance: Children are precise and intuitive they haven't been "taught" by society. We need to think like a child sometimes because it simplifies everything. Here the wise Obi-Wan was puzzled he couldn't find a planet but eventually a child could.
9. “A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind." - Yoda
Quote significance: Again the discipline aspect and commitment. That's what you need also if you want to stand out and achieve great things.
10. “No! No different! Only different in your mind. You must unlearn what you have learned.” – Yoda
Quote significance: This is again from dialogue before the spaceship lifting scene, Luke is still doubtful: lifting rocks is one thing spaceships is another. So Yoda gives the ultimate personal development advice, don't trust your mind, don't believe everything you were taught, you can learn new things that will outsmart those you learned in the past. Keep an open mind attitude.
11. "Everything. Fear is the path to the dark side... fear leads to anger... anger leads to hate.. hate leads to suffering." - Yoda
Quote significance: Thoughts become words, words become actions. Negative thoughts like fear won't lead to good places. Nurture good thoughts.
12. “Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
Quote significance: The most classic Yoda quote and again a lesson for personal development. Trying is just trying you're not actually doing it, you're not putting 100% effort. While doing is straight to the point doing you don't hold back.
13. "Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.” – Yoda
Quote significance: Life guidelines and again the subject of attachment related to negative thoughts, and those can only make you closer to take negative actions eventually.
14. “You will find only what you bring in.” – Yoda
Quote significance: Luke is fearful to enter in the cavern, Yoda creates a illusion that is like a mirror effect. If you enter with fear, fear you'll find and the consequences of it - Luke turning to the dark side. So if you want to make the best out of your meetings and daily tasks, be confident and empowered about it, you'll find only what you bring in just like a mirror effect...
15. “Named must your fear be before banish it you can.” – Yoda
Quote significance: Another life coach teaching, if you want to lose your fears you've got to admit and recognize your fears, so you can clearly have a target to aim at.
16. “Decide you must, how to serve them best. If you leave now, help them you could; but you would destroy all for which they have fought, and suffered.” – Yoda
Quote significance Decisions, decisions. That's life! There is always advantages and disadvantages, you must decide pondering on both, this is what Yoda tries to make Luke realize. Eventually he decides to leave and he doesn't destroy everything but it's close: Solo is carbonized, Luke loses to Vader although managing to escape, but you know they lost cause... the Empire Strikes Back!
17. “Remember, a Jedi’s strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they." - Yoda
Quote significance: Again the opposites, positive thoughts versus negative.
18. “[Luke:] I can’t believe it. [Yoda:] That is why you fail!” – Yoda
Quote significance: After the lifting of the ship another huge teaching and classic quote. You got to believe something before you can actually do it, if you don't it's more than likely that you'll fail.
19. “Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.” – Yoda
Quote significance: The forbidden fruit looks tasty but it can make you lost and an addict if you taste it. Would you?
20. “If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are … a different game you should play.” – Yoda
Quote significance: Simply way of put it, and it can be used for your business strategy, if you know you're doing things the right way but nothing seems to be moving, you should concentrate on changing something, Yoda here states a different game.
21. “Do not assume anything Obi-Wan. Clear your mind must be if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot.“ – Yoda
Quote significance: Jumping to conclusions without knowing everything or because you feel anger towards something, that's kind of a common place for all of us. But we should make an effort to see things from a lucid perspective. One of the best strategies is to put yourself outside of the picture like you'r a spectator of your own life, that gives you an outside perspective of things.
22. "A prophecy that misread could have been." – Yoda
Quote significance: So is Anakin "the chosen one" or not. Other Jedi Masters impressed by his skills and power believe he is. But this is kind of popular culture mislead, people tend to jump into conclusions right away. Yoda was always doubtful, so in this quote he lets them know the error was in the reading of the prophecy. Don't believe in everything you're told right away, see it for yourself, create your own conclusions.
23. “You will know (the good from the bad) when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.” – Yoda
Quote significance: It's when we are most calm and passive that we can really understand what we want of life. So that means we're Jedis, maybe if we use our power for knowledge and defense. never for attack? Can you do it?
24. "For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." - Yoda
Quote significance: Beautiful speech about the Force that Luke knows just relatively, so Yoda articulates further on it. This is all about the spiritual side of life, we must acknowledge it, and work on it also!
25. “Always pass on what you have learned.” – Yoda
Quote significance: One of Yoda's life purposes, and coming from this wise teacher, how beautiful it is!
Share what you've learned by reading this Yoda inspirational quotes in the comment section bellow.
"Pass on what you have learned" with this quotes by Yoda to your social networks connections so they can to become inspired and motivated. Thanks in advance continue to...