Pop legend David Bowie left us in early 2016. His legacy is unmatched, being recognized worldwide as an innovator, the late Bowie reinvented his five decades career (!), visually and sonically time and time again.
Known as the Chameleon of Rock, Bowie was a trendsetter, pioneering many styles and looks, either in music or in image.
He shocked many but influenced many more to this day.
Of course his looks and music were an expression of who he truly was, David Bowie had a special way of thinking and mindset of his own about life issues.
David Bowie quotes are unmatched like his music, he has words of wisdom, faith, courage, and some controversial (of course) that can really make you think and go deep on your approach to life.
Get inside the mindset of this legend, as we bring you our selection of the best David Bowie quotes for you to get inspired:
33 David Bowie Quotes About Life To Inspire You
1. “I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human. I felt very puny as a human. I thought, 'Fuck that. I want to be a superhuman.” ― David Bowie
2. “There's a terror in knowing what the world is about” ― David Bowie
3. "As you get older, the questions come down to about two or three. How long? And what do I do with the time I've got left?" - David Bowie
4. "Talking about art is like dancing about architecture." - David Bowie
5. “The moment you know you know you know.” ― David Bowie
6. “Speak in extremes, it'll save you time. ” ― David Bowie
7. “No more free steps to heaven.” ― David Bowie
8. “The only art I’ll ever study is stuff that I can steal from.” ― David Bowie
9. "You can neither win nor lose if you don't run the race." - David Bowie
10. “Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming.” ― David Bowie
11. “It's always time to question what has become standard and established.” ― David Bowie
12. “I'm just an individual who doesn't feel that I need to have somebody qualify my work in any particular way. I'm working for me.” ― David Bowie
13. "I'm an instant star. Just add water and stir." - David Bowie
14. “Don't let me hear you say life takes you nowhere, angel.” ― David Bowie
15. "I don't care what anybody says; I like doing it, and it's what I shall continue to do.” ― David Bowie
16. "Confront a corpse at least once. The absolute absence of life is the most disturbing and challenging confrontation you will ever have." - David Bowie
17. “I'll paint you moments of gold, I'll spin you Valentine evenings...” ― David Bowie
18. "People have attention spans of five seconds and as much depth as a glass of water.” ― David Bowie
19. "Fame itself… doesn’t really afford you anything more than a good seat in a restaurant.” - David Bowie
20. “Turn and face the strange.” ― David Bowie
21. “I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of a superman. I'm living on.” ― David Bowie
22. “I'm a born librarian with a sex drive” ― David Bowie
23. “We can be "heroes" just for one day.” ― David Bowie
24. "Nobody reads anymore, nobody goes out and looks and explores the society and culture they were brought up in." David Bowie
25. “I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human.” ― David Bowie
26. “Once you lose that sense of wonder at being alive, you're pretty much on the way out...” ― David Bowie
27. “If it works, it's out of date.” ― David Bowie
28. "I suppose for me as an artist it wasn’t always just about expressing my work; I really wanted, more than anything else, to contribute in some way to the culture I was living in." - David Bowie
29. “I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.” ― David Bowie
30. "I wanted to prove the sustaining power of music." - David Bowie
31. "I've never responded well to entrenched negative thinking." - David Bowie
32- "All my big mistakes are when I try to second-guess or please an audience. My work is always stronger when I get very selfish about it." - David Bowie
33. "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." - David Bowie
Share this 33 David Bowie Quotes with your friends using the sharing buttons on the side.
Thank you! Continue to...
Thank you! Continue to...