One of the best books of all time, when it comes to personal development and self-improvement, 1937 Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich" is still to this day a reference to many successful people and those who want to achieve success.
The title might scare those who don't make riches (or money for that matter) has a priority in their life, but don't get it confused! "Think and Grow Rich" is much more than just a book that teaches about how to get rich, it's about a philosophy of thought that can help anyone to achieve anything they want.
If you are a person with a big dream in mind, or a major goal to conquer this is the book for you!
To prove you that, and has an appetizer to the full book (read the full book it will be worthy!), we've selected the best quotes and lines from "Think and Grow Rich" for you to get inspired:
Think And Grow Rich Best Inspirational Quotes
1. “If you do not see great riches in your imagination, you will never see them in your bank balance.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: When imagine something there is an powerful force that will make you take the necessary actions to get what you imagine, you become driven. So the first step every achiever took was to imagine the riches they wanted.
2. “Mind control is the result of self-discipline and habit. You either control your mind or it controls you. There is no hall-way compromise.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Either you go all in or you don't, there is no half. To get your subconscious mind to act like you need, you need to consciously train yourself to think and act like you want.
3. “You are the master of your destiny. You can influence, direct and control your own environment. You can make your life what you want it to be.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: To get what you want, you need to acknowledge you have the power to control your life. No outside events control your destiny, you control it, once you grasp this you will make the necessary adjustments to your daily actions and stop making excuses blaming circumstances. That kind of thinking will make you succeed in the long run.
4. “Failure is a trickster with a keen sense of irony and cunning. It takes great delight in tripping one when success is almost within reach.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Failure is only a start to a successful end. Remember when you learned how to walk you failed over and over again, until you manage to walk. It's kind of an irony that such antonym words have a direct relationship, but without failure success, eventually, will not happen.
5. “All achievement, all earned riches, have their beginning in an idea!” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: An idea sparks the business! An idea is the start of everything, value your ideas, make them a reality.
6. “When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: The trial and error method, you will only know what works by trying and constantly analyzing the process, make your own conclusions and redefine your strategy. Keep on trying and getting better until you reach your goal.
7. “Fears are nothing more than a state of mind.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: You can change your state mind, so you can change fear to courage and go forward against any fear you may have. It's a matter of desire to change.
8. “Love is, without question, life’s greatest experience.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Love is the driving force behind all you want to achieve, find your love and you'll find unbelievable strength to get through any hard time.
9. “Set your mind on a definite goal and observe how quickly the world stands aside to let you pass.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Sometimes we get discourage to pursuit our goals, because we think they have no meaning to others. In fact, that's not true because once you become committed to that goal, the whole world seems to move towards it, it's like a magnet, people become attracted to it.
10. “Our minds become magnetized with the dominating thoughts we hold in our minds and these magnets attract to us the forces, the people, the circumstances of life which harmonize with the nature of our dominating thoughts.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Again, define your goal, and the magnet effect takes place. Any outside circumstances that seemed so hard to conquer, become aligned with your goals, just take action toward it.
11. “Fear, the worst of all enemies, can be effectively cured by forced repetition of acts of courage.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Work ethic eliminates fear, simply dare to be who you planned to be, and fear will be no problem.
12. “The way of success is the way of continuous pursuit of knowledge.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Knowledge will help you reach success quicker. But you only get knowledge by execution, stay active, be a student of life and your specific field. Find out what works by trying.
13. “Education comes from within; you get it by struggle and effort and thought.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Again, live in the process, breathe the process, learn from the process. Setbacks can only make you stronger and wiser if you keep on doing and learning.
14. “Remember, too, that all who succeed in life get off to a bad start, and pass through many heartbreaking struggles before they ‘arrive’.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: You never know how close you are to achieving your goal, but one thing is certain, if you quit you won't reach a successful outcome. So heartbreaking moments, are nothing but obstacles you need to get through in order to reach success.
15. “A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: If you give up, you won't get there. If you never quit, you'll eventually reach your goal.
16. “The ladder of success is never crowded at the top.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Keep on going up, the world is full of quitters, just a few winners. Decide what you want to become.
17. “Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to burn his ships and cut all sources of retreat.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: If you have nothing to hold on to, you have no choice but to go forward and fight for what you want. No distractions, no drama from the pass to slow you down.
18. “More gold had been mined from the mind of men than the earth it self.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Human beings have one particular characteristic that others animals don't have, that is to think and use their mind. So in essence, our thoughts and creativity are priceless, more precious than gold.
19. “We refuse to believe that which we don't understand.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: To believe is to achieve, if you believe you can do something you can actually accomplish it. So, if you don't understand something you need to do to reach success, it might well get to understand it so you can really believe it, and therefore to achieve it.
20. “Deliberately seek the company of people who influence you to think and act for yourself.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: You become who you associate with, your peers influence you in a major way. So choose the company of those who let you be you, with your dreams, desires and goals.
21. “The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: The comparison of desire with fire is a very smart one, if you want to reach riches, you need to have a great fire inside you, that constantly drives you to achieve more.
22. "Everyone has a flock of opinions ready to be wished upon anyone who will accept them. If you are influenced by "opinions" when you reach DECISIONS, you will not succeed in any undertaking.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Opinions are like yesterday, everybody has a different one. But that doesn't mean you have to listen to all of them and take them as advises. If you follow everything from everybody, you'll get lost. Success is about focus, and unfortunately not everybody has it. Be wise.
23. “Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: This is the short version of quote 21, repetition is necessary to reach success. We reinforce the importance of strong desire to reach success.
24. “The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Dream, plan, desire, take action, analyze what your getting, become sharper, repeat the process. It's not about just becoming rich, it's about becoming better, it's about growth.
25. “Put your foot upon the neck of the fear of criticism by reaching a decision not to worry about what other people think, do, or say.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Peers will influence, if have to be pick advises wisely. focus on what you want not on what other people think about it. Only you know what your dreams look like.
26. “the famous Emil Coué formula, ‘Day by day, in every way, I am getting better and better’.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: That's the whole game, get better and better, be a constant learner be a constant achiever.
27. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle…" - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: If you want to be strong you cannot give up when obstacles arrive, keep going against adversity.
28. “Neglecting to broaden their view has kept some people doing one thing all their lives.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Open your mind, the way you see things will change and the things in your life will change as a consequence.
29. “Knowledge has no value except that which can be gained from its application towards some worthy end.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Knowledge by itself is pointless, unless you apply it in the practical sense to obtain something worthy in your life.
30. “Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: If you want to make a change, you cannot just think, or wish, you MUST really want it for things to change.
31. “Tell the world what you intend to do, but first show it. This is the equivalent of saying "deeds, and not words, are what count most.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Actions not words are crucial to make success happen. You can tell everyone what you want but you won't achieve it unless you DO something about it.
32. “Remember that your real wealth can be measured not by what you have, but by what you are.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Achieving wealth is a journey of becoming something not a journey of simply gaining something.
33. “Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: When successful people were about to quit, they manage to continue, and that was the crucial step that eventually made them successful. Don't quit you never know when you're about to achieve what you desire.
34. “There is a difference between WISHING for a thing and being READY to receive it. No one is ready for a thing, until he believes he can acquire it.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: You need to prepare your mind in order to receive what you want, wanting isn't enough, you must transform yourself so you can feel worthy of having it.
35. “There is one weakness in people for which there is no remedy. It is the universal weakness of lack of ambition!” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Every problem as a solution, those with strong desire and ambition find solutions to their problems, keep searching and you'll find the answers.
36. “Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Be a team player, grow on the inside by taking the necessary sacrifices to become great.
37. “You’ve got to be sure of yourself before you can ever win a prize.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Self assurance is the way to let fear aside and courage rise. You need to feel worthy of getting the prize so you can become unstoppable.
38. “Poverty needs no plan. It needs no one to aid it, because it is bold and ruthless. Riches are shy and timid. They have to be “attracted.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: It's easy to be poor, it requires no effort and no planning, you don't need to become nothing. To reach riches you need a well structured and wise plan, you have to become something rare and attractive.
39. “The world has the habit of making room for the man whose actions show that he knows where he is going.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: You must be determined and stubborn about your goals, if you believe it and work for it like no one, you'll become accountable, someone people can count on in a very specific field. The world wants your expertise and will make room for it.
40. “Life’s battles, don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. But soon or later the man who wins is the man who thinks he can!” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: You'll lose some battles, but winning in the long run comes to those who don't give up and keep fighting, until they get what they want. Keep believing, keep working, make yourself worthy of the prize, and one day the prize will arrive surely.
41. “One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting when one is overtaken by temporary defeat.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: You only fail if you quit and refuse to learn the hidden lesson in every attempt you make to be successful. Losing is temporary if continue to grow and becoming better.
42. “Self-discipline begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don’t control what you think, you can’t control what you do. Simply, self-discipline enables you to think first and act afterward.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: People fail because they focus on the actions to take and forget to work on their mind first, they do make want they need to do some of the time, but on the other had they get caught up with the wrong thoughts and end up doing the opposite they should be doing. Don't make this common mistake. Thoughts become actions, if you want to take the necessary actions to reach your ultimate goals, you must first master your thoughts by going all in to success.
43. “If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: The mind is a powerful thing, but it can trick you. You need to make a conscious effort to control it, or else, it will control you. Act not by random feelings, but by determined principles you choose for your own life.
44. “Faith and fear make poor bedfellows. Where one is found, the other cannot exist.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Again, there is no middle term, either you go all in, or you don't. Either fear takes the best of you or you master fear with courage and faith.
45. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed on an equal or greater benefit.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: People can be very negative, forgetting that in any perceived negative situation, there can be something positive to look up to, something to hold on to. When a door closes on you, there is another want waiting to be open. If you got fired, maybe it's because, there is some better job out there waiting for you.
46. “Remember that it is not the lawyer who knows the most law, but the one who best prepares his case, who wins.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Again, knowledge will do you no good, if you can't apply it to a concrete situation. Time after time a knowledgeable people lost to someone who didn't knew that much. Preparation and execution is a must.
47. “Before we can master an enemy, we must know its name, its habits, and its place of abode.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: This is an example to show you that if you want to conquer something you must study it to the max. If you know were you're going and what's coming, you'll make more accurate decisions.
48. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: The trio for success: patience will make you not quit when it gets tough; persistence will make try the necessary number of attempts to success; and perspiration will give the necessary sweat equity, the indispensable effort to reach your goal.
49. “The only limitation is that which one sets up in one's own mind.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Again, and never enough to repeat, your mind can trick you and limit your options, learn how to control it to your own benefit.
50. “No one ever is defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: You can accept defeat and give up, or move on. Defeat is a temporary state that will vanish if you keep on growing and learning with the process.
51. “Awake, arise, and assert yourself, you dreamers of the world. Your star is now in ascendancy.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: Great motivational quote, you have what it takes! Napoleon Hill addresses the dreamers of the world, like you and me.
52. “Success requires no apologies, failure permits no alibis.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: No excuses, if you fail you fail move on. If you succeed, succeed and move on. Don't accept nothing but less than your best.
53. “The cause of the depression is traceable directly to the worldwide habit of trying to reap without sowing.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: You want it! Who doesn't? But wanting is not enough! You need to prepare success, you need to plant the seeds of tomorrow's success today! Depression makes you feel powerless, but you have that power inside you. You reap what you sow, if you sow nothing you'll get nothing, it's that simple.
54. “The oak sleeps in the acorn. The bird waits in the egg, and in the highest vision of the soul, a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of reality.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: The dream starts the engine of success. Dreaming is the beginning of everything, if you want a different reality you can change your world, it all starts with the dream!
55. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe it can achieve.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: You must have vision and you must have faith on it, anything is possible if you take this two steps.
56. “There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge both poverty and riches are the offspring of thought.” - Napoleon Hill
The meaning behind: What you think you become, actions are generated by thought. Your deeds speak for themselves, but do speak the right deeds into your mind.
Share this quotes with your friends and family using the sharing buttons on the side or bellow, inspire them to become better, remember that sharing is caring on the road to...