One of the last of the Five Good Emperors of Ancient Rome, Marcus Aurelius, was also a great philosopher.
He wrote, while in military campaigns, his own meditations about how to deal problems in pressure situations- It serve him as a guidance and a self-improvement tool.
Later on, those writings collected over 12 books, were given the name "Meditations", through time those Marcus Aurelius's meditations have influenced generations, and it remains as a self-improvement philosophy monument.
"Meditations" are essentially a collection of quotations, so we picked up the best Marcus Aurelius meditations / inspirational quotes for you to improve your life. Be ready for this life changing words of wisdom:
Marcus Aurelius Meditations: Life Changing Quotes
1. “Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” - Marcus Aurelius
The Meaning Behind: Less talking, more doing. Become what you advocate. People follow examples they don't follow words. If you want to influence someone to do something, lead them by example not by giving orders or arguing.
2. “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.” - Marcus Aurelius
The Meaning Behind: It's your philosophy that determines your happiness. Happiness it's not a casual thing, work on your life philosophy, shape your thoughts and happiness will be there.
3. “It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”- Marcus Aurelius
The Meaning Behind: Imagine that today was your last day on this earth. Would you regret something you didn't do? That's the point here, "begin to live": do those things you would regret not doing if this was your last day here. Live life to the fullest so you can be unafraid of not living. Like Les Brown once said, live fully so you can die empty.
4. “How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it.” - Marcus Aurelius
The Meaning Behind: Whenever you get angry about something, you're doing worst to yourself be getting angry. Control your emotions make use of them, don't let them use you.
5. “Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”
The Meaning Behind: Remember this, people have different perspectives, so opinions will come, opinions will go. Accept this, be open to listen and move on. Don't be stuck by pointless fights over who said what. Be free of all the negative thoughts don't waste time and your mind on it.
6. “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.” - Marcus Aurelius
The Meaning Behind: Be yourself, so you can find your oneself. Don't follow what other people think. you are a unique individual, with your own skills and thoughts on life, what others think is pointless. You can bring to the table what no one else can. So be brave enough to follow your intuition and your own dreams regardless... even if they call you insane.
7. "The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury.” - Marcus Aurelius
The Meaning Behind: Hurt people hurt people. Don't become of them just because they hurt you. Be different, be yourself with your own beliefs and values.
8. “You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” - Marcus Aurelius
The Meaning Behind: Practice self-control. Use what you have, not what you don't control. You can control your mind, what happens on the outside doesn't affects you. Situations itself don't matter, what matters is how you deal with those situations.
9. “Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.” - Marcus Aurelius
The Meaning Behind: Appreciate the good things in life. Take time to enjoy, make your ride something to remember. Envision yourself in this beautiful picture, take advantage of it. Remember...
Did you enjoyed this Marcus Aurelius Meditations? Share them with your friends on your favorite social network and inspired them with this beautiful words of wisdom. Thank you continue to....